”It’s funny how i thought
I was good at hiding my
fellings, but then strangers
started asking me what was
wrong and why I looked so
tired and that’s when I
realized you didn’t care
enough to notice”
By: Simone // relhavant
1. remember the first song you hear. If everything else goes completely wrong, you’ll have at least one thing to look back at and smile about.
2. this is the first day of the rest of your life. everything you told me you dreamed of doing, all the places you couldn’t go before— please, if you won’t celebrate another year in your life, at least celebrate your new beginning.
3. go dance under starlight. two a.m. is yours to fall in love with. the moon is calling your name.
4. when you wake up, say a prayer. ask for anything you want. blow out the candles with a sunset.
5. can you believe it? you made it this far. please keep holding on.
6. two years ago today, you whispered tomorrow’s into my ear. I’m sorry. that was my job. I hope you can forgive me.
7. I hope she kisses you every time you stop to take a breath. I hope she’s the reason you plan your next eight birthdays.
8. I hope you call me for one of them.
9. If you buy a pack of untouched cigarettes, burn at least one of them in my memory.
10. love the clouds in the morning. love the stars in the night. love all the strangers who smile when you walk by them. pretend they know what today is. love yourself. I love you. don’t forget that.”
happy 115th birthday, darling. I wonder if the alcohol tastes just as good in heaven.
Forgive me for assuming that the other message I got was from you too, but thank you so much. I can’t begin to describe how grateful this makes me, the fact that I have the ability to share things personal to me and to have people show appreciation rather than judgement. People like you make my day. I needed this reminder tonight. Thank you.- a.v.